Monday, October 1, 2012

How to modify your computer stand to fit your needs ...

I recently bought a computer stand to help my computer work better. It's an older Macbook, and the fan likes to make airplane noises to let me know it's struggling. When the stand arrived, I noticed that it wasn't very comfortable at the standard tabletop angle, so I set about modifying it.

This is the original stand in Silver.



 I spray painted it white, and then bent the frame to angle it. This is more comfortable for my wrists.










Then I added Sugru (a super amazing silicone-based air drying putty!) to create resistance strips and a bumper to keep my computer from sliding off. Sugru takes 12 hrs or so to cure, and comes in a multitude of colors. You can check them out here!

This is the finished product holding my computer!

I love modifying items to fit my needs instead of throwing them away. Let me know what you've hacked recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment